You got a great deal on the internet for a used or brand-new car and you were instantly prompted to make a purchase. However, now you are wondering about various ways to get your newly purchased vehicle to your doorstep.
The biggest confusion is regarding the cost involved in different transportation ways. You can yourself plan a pickup of the car to drive it back home or you can hire a driver to do the same. The third way is to book a deal with the auto-shipment company who does this work day and night.
While the third way of transporting looks expensive having to pay up-front for the shipping costs involved in the process, it is generally the most cost-effective and safest method of transporting a vehicle especially when long distances and cross-country travels are involved.
You must first find a reliable auto transport company and take a price quote from them. You can also contact Ship A Car Incorporated to have a car shipped. Ship A Car, Inc. is a very old and trusted market leader when it comes to auto-transport in the United States. Their agents can get your car shipped in the easiest possible way because of their large network of auto-carriers that they deal with throughout the year.
How can you save money on transportation of your car?
To get through a safe and cost-effective shipping experience, you can either get expert advice or follow some of the tips given below to ensure that your car is delivered safely to your doorsteps without having to bear any damages during the transit:
- You can save shipping cost by agreeing to pick up from a feasible location and not opt for door-to-door delivery.
- This is especially important when the destination or pickup address is a remote location that could incur extra charges.
- Choose a shipping company that offers you peace of mind by being in continuous contact with you through the entire process and gives you live tracking information.
- Look for any hidden charges that the shipment company might charge you. Try to avoid such deals and instead prefer a transparent process.
- If your vehicle is not an expensive sedan, a rare model, or a luxury car; choose an open carrier that could save at least 33% of the total shipping cost.
- Ask the sender to document all the existing damages, if the vehicle you have purchased is a used one. This will help you in cross-checking any added damage at the time of delivery for which the shipping company should be liable.
- Opt-in for in-transit insurance is usually provided by auto transport companies. This could save you expenses on unforeseen damages that could happen due to theft, or accident, or harsh weather conditions during the transit.
Although you have saved a lot of money on the online deal, you still need to ensure the safety of your vehicle during the transport because your vehicle is an asset and you would be using it for many years from now for your convenience. Spending a little extra on its shipping is an expenditure that should not be avoided.