Baccarat is a comparing card game between two hands played in casinos. The two hands include the player and the banker. The origin of this game is not known due to disagreements as to where it originated from. Some claim it came from Italy to France at the end of the 15th century. Each round of baccarat has three possible results.
- Player. This player has the highest results.
- Tie. Results are equal at this point.
Variations of baccarat games
- Punto banco. The term is the coalition of the words player and banker. The majority of casinos use this variant. This includes casinos in the United States, Canada, Australia, Macau, Finland and Sweden. The player and the banker are basically hands dealt out in each coup (round of play). The player hand has no relation with the player neither does the banker hand has any relation with the house. The punto banco is dealt from a shoe containing 6 or 8 decks of cards. The cards are shuffled and a cut card is placed on the 7th card. If neither the player nor the banker is dealt a total of 8 or 9 in the first two cards, the tableau is consulted for the player and bankers rules simultaneously. For the player’s rule, if the player has a total of 0-5 initially, the third card is drawn. But if the player has a total of 6-7, the player stands. For the banker’s rule, if the player has only two cards, the banker faces only their hand and acts in the same respect as the player. This means if the banker has 0-5, a third card is drawn but stands with a total of 6 or7.
- Chemin de fer. It is the most popular variant in France. As seen from the French name that means railway, it comes from the version faster than the original game (railway was the fastest means of transport in the past). Six decks of shuffled cards are used. The players of the game normally sit haphazardly around the table and cards no longer are used are discarded to the centre of the oval table. As soon as the coup begins, one player is made the banker and this player deals out cards. The other players are termed punters. The position of the banker is passed in a clockwise direction as the game progresses. The banker wagers the amount he wants to risk. Other players decide if they want to play against the entire current bank by matching the wager. Playing against the banker is referred to as “go bank”.
- Baccarat banque. In this variant of baccarat, the position is permanent compared to the Chemin de fer. The shoe contains the least amount of cards, three inter-shuffled cards. The position of the banker is placed on auction and only given to the player willing to risk the largest amount.
สมัคร lsm99 to play baccarat on both ios and android devices.